Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Post #4: So I decided

So I decided after a long debate with myself that I'm starting to really like portraits. People are just so intruiging. Objects can be made to look really cool, okay given, but people tell a story. Here's what I'm talking about.



I don't know his name. I'm not going to do any research on him. I don't know what he's carrying. If he were to say something to me, I wouldn't understand a word. But I love his walk; it's almost a strut. Hand high, slight smile, intently focused on the ground in front of him. When I look at him, I just think of innocence. To use some photo vocab, I like the the use of still motion, the shadow on of the face and the simplicity of the the pose; there isn't any modifications to the photo, it's just this kid.




This one's different. I know who he is. His name is Jacques. He lives in Montana with my brother. This picture was taken by my brother in New Zealand. I just really like his smile. His near classic look; stunningly red hat, unshameful scruff on the face, and a fish in hand. I love how the colors of the trees and grass and river and coat all mess, then your eyes are forced to stare right into the the smile on his face.



So this picture has been on here before. I just can't get over it. Look at that shadow cutting across his face. His eyes are hiden, his idenity is unknown, which makes this picture even better. And the hat's curves almost make it seem like it's the focus of the photo, not the man.



Is it a portrait? I'm still not sure, but I like it. (ANARCHY...I don't know what that means, but I like it!) Yep, It's another New Zealand photo. Seems to be perfect for a magazine cover or something. The shadow on the rock creates a ruff texture. The colors pop. Green to soft yellow toa vibrant blue. And then, there it is, the man on the rock. Victory is mine! I just think it's classic.

Okay, so this picture was on my blog before too. I'm not worried about it. I really like looking at the pattern of the contraption on the left. The girl standing alone. hell, is that cliche? I think so. Not going to lie, I'm really tired right now and it's hard to focus. But that's the beauty of a blog, you don't need to be perfect, 'cause it's a blog. Anywho, this photo was taken by Hines, who tried to bring attention of the issue f child labor through photos. A noble act I thought, and that's the real reason why I decided to post this picture.

No comments: